Sunday, November 22, 2015

The Rose Parade Quilt

All done except for the binding which I plan to get to work on shortly but I couldn't wait to show the quilting, and I have a lot of pics to post. The fabrics were from an online drawing at Fort Worth Fabric Studio and I was the very fortunate recipient of a half yard bundle, here is the result!
 From a distance the quilting doesn't show well but sitting here at my desk and looking at it from the side it shows beautifully.
 I chose a handfull of quilt designs and repeated them throughout the quilt, taking my cue from a similar quilt by Angela Walters.
 I really enjoyed quilting it once I had decided what to do, it still took quite a few hours.
 I took a few close up pics………….
and varied the angles, with and without the flash…………... 
from above and then this last one from the side.
And the back!
Quilter's Dream 70/30 batting and a white 50wt. thread on top, Bottom Line in the bobbin. I am looking forward to trying more of these modern quilting ideas, it's a lot of fun!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So happy you got it quilted. I remember when you started it. The quilting looks fantastic and surely took a lot of time. Will you keep it? Have a great Thanksgiving. Dotti

Heather said...

such fun quilting. I like the assortment of designs you used. The quilt is lovely.

Thanks for linking up with Needlework Tuesday.