Friday, February 28, 2014

Finished For Friday

It's always good to have a wrap up of the week's accomplishments, especially when I have so much going on in my life that I keep a running list of what needs to be done and what is up next, so I often do a "Finished For Friday" post………..




 I used to link up with another blogger who posted regularly this way but no longer posts for Friday. Perhaps I need to start my own? Put up a "Mr. Linky" and invite other bloggers to join in? Hmmmm I will think about that.
I try to get as much done as possible on the week when The Boy isn't here, I never know how much distraction he will be!
This is the second large quilt that came off the longarm this week and still I have managed to get to the gym three days and plan to go shortly to end the week on a positive note.
This striking, 84"x96" quilt turned out very well quilted with freehand Edge to Edge feathers and a medium gray thread, subtle but showing enough of the quilting design.
It's the same quilt pattern as the black and white and red quilt I did recently and I was very pleased with the feathered quilting on that one and decided to do the same with the purple version. If you take a look back at that quilt you can see what a difference color choice makes.
The backing is Essentials 108" Backing, from Wilmington Prints, and a good choice for the quilt. I was quite impressed with it, a nicer quality than many of the wide backs I see and I will keep this brand in mind for the future when searching for a wide back. 

No comments: