Thursday, February 13, 2014

Day Two, Playing With Jacks

It begins!
Students hard at work-or not! Perhaps they were socializing or eating, there was plenty of that!
A few of the many "Jacks" blocks in progress and some of the many ways they can be set.
I like this chevron design.
 This is Angela's in modern fabrics.
 A blue and yellow version.
 Beginning of a Barn Raising setting I think, it is Andrea's.
 This one too appeals to me.
 Hmmmm, not sure how this will turn out yet.
 Nice!
 Totally scrappy.
And here is my sewing area but my blocks are half hidden.
Tada!
 Angela made a Valentine Mug Rug for Bonnie…...
 and I had made two selvedge potholders from some of the "Jacks" fabrics. That brilliant smile of Bonnie's never ends and if you are not a passionate fan you will be once you take one of her classes. She is most giving of her time and talents and entirely lovable!
We made a stop at the SAS store, Bonnie had never seen one before and was rather amazed when she walked in, she said that it was a very dangerous place-to our pocket books yes!
 Even I could not resist a small purchase here, the only fabric I purchased this week. I think my weariness is showing!
On the advice of Maria, one of our fellow students from Tucson, we ended up here for dinner, good food  [the rest of the group enjoyed melt in the mouth Prime Rib] then back to the hotel for an early night! Tomorrow it's "My Blue Heaven".

1 comment:

Heather said...

Looks like you have an awesome time. It was wonderful to see the variations of the blocks in both the settings and the fabrics. Makes me want to start cutting, but I really don't need a new project. Thanks for linking up.