Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Here I Go Again.........

Stuck in neutral! Half sewn binding on this vintage applique quilt.
Mid week my back began to deteriorate [again] and here I am lying in bed unable to sew/quilt or even walk or sit without unbearable pain. Arrrggghhh, it's getting old, this is the third time in about 8 weeks and I had hoped to avoid another episode before surgery, which will be three weeks from Wednesday.
As you can see by the abandoned projects above, nothing is happening here, boy am I bored too on top of the misery, tried knitting but that's a bit awkward.
 The CW quilt has spineless feather borders both in the outer and the inner [hourglass] border, then meandering feathers, spineless again, in the body of the quilt.
The backing for the CW quilt wasn't quite long enough so I added all the left-over hourglass blocks down the center to enlarge it!
Finally got around to organize DH to hang my Stash NYB  quilt in the stairwell, it was quite a production/challenge to place an extra long ladder with its legs at different levels [a little scary] and then to get the quilt hung on the hooks and pretty even at that!
This quilt is not right for a bed and really lends itself to a decorative purpose, fortunately we have stairs, the perfect place for it. It had been folded up for sometime since last I sent it off to a show but the folds are flattening out nicely and I am pleased to have it off the stack of "homeless" quilts!
Well, just wanted to let you know why I am not blogging, but I hope that with a few days rest I will be able to function again.
If you are a praying person I would appreciate your intercession for speedy relief!
And it's election day in the USA.
God bless all of you and God bless the United States of America!

5 comments:

Lynette said...

Oh, Ros - So very sorry about your back going out again. And at such a very inconvenient time of year for it, too. Sure hope it backs down quickly. Three weeks is a LONG time to be in back agony while waiting for surgery. :( I'm betting that tomorrow morning we still will not know who our President will be here in the U.S. - lots of things happening that'll provide grounds for recounts and lawsuits, unfortunately. The mess left by hurricane Sandy, malfunctioning (if not sabotaged) machines that register one name when a voter presses another, county officials who refused to process ethnic voter registrations last week. . . it's a nightmare.

farmlady said...

These fragile backs. We abuse them in our youth and they give us nothing but trouble in our older years. I'm so sorry.
I hope that the operation will help.
Let us know how it goes.
Take care and take lots of meds.

Gari in AL said...

I can't imagine not being able to move or do the things I love doing. I hope/pray that your back lets up enough for you to do what you want/need to do befor your surgery. Then I hope/pray that that goes really well and that you have a speedy recovery and can get back to your wonderful projects.

Miri said...

My heart goes out to you! Wishing you a speedy recovery now and with the surgery.

To keep your mind occupied, you might try loading some books onto your iPod...I found that saved me. I could hold the "book", read and turn pages all with just one hand.

Candace said...

Sorry for your pain, my husband goes through the same thing, so I can relate to a point and I hope that your surgery goes well and you are back to feeling better soon.