Thursday, November 22, 2012

Colorado Huggy Bunch Quilters

Wednesday Khris and I went into Montrose to meet with the few HB members who came in spite of Thanksgiving prep cooking etc. At times there may be as many as 25 who gather to sew but that's more likely in the summer time.
 Khris was sewing on my old Singer Feather Weight machine using up some of my collection of selvedges.......
 and finished up with enough blocks for four potholders, two she will be taking back to Aus. with her as souvenirs of her visit to the HB.
I worked on the Christmas table runner and got it together, woohoo, just have to applique the bows and quilt and bind it, hopefully before Christmas. I am not sure why this photo is a bit blurry.........?
Before heading back up the mountain we paid a visit to the Lady Bugz Quilt Shop in Montrose where Khris made a couple of purchases...............
and I bought this for her as a reminder of her visit there!
As for me, I found these fabrics irresistible, aren't the retro kitchen appliances the cutest? And the black and white fabric has all sorts of sewing motifs, you always need black in the stash, right?!


No comments: