Friday, August 31, 2012

Ugly Fabric Quilt Challenge-UFQC!


These are the fabrics that BJ presented to me for a challenge.
 In an effort to rid herself of them BJ gave the identical challenge to 3 or 4 quilters including Suzanne at coloradolady.blogspot.com who needed more of the pale green for her project and traded mine for the same fabric in beige.
 The method I chose to use them was paper piecing but now that I have completed the blocks I have to figure out a way to use them, help! For the challenge we are allowed to add as many fabrics from our own stash as we need and may buy one new fabric to complete the project, so I pulled several from stash that coordinated. Now that they're done I see how obnoxious that blue is, and wish that I had used a softer blue, that's what makes those three blocks stand out so much from all the rest. Hmmmm I could remove the corner triangles and replace them with something else, so off to the stash to check out possibilities.
 
The only common color is red so perhaps I can somehow tie them together with a red similar to the one in the photo above?
How on earth do I put these together? I may well need to design two separate projects. Or they may become permanent UFO's.
Last time I participated in the UFQC challenge I ended up with this quilt and as wild as it is someone fell in love with it and so I was delivered from it, LOL.

6 comments:

cityquilter grace said...

good job ros! excellent blocks but which is the ugly fabric..i can't tell at all!

Linda said...

I have to admit, I admire the talent and dedication in putting those pieces together the way you have, but I don't think I would fall in love with that quilt! The other one though, is not unlovable! Such great work you do - and such commitment!

Coloradolady said...

I absolutely LOVE this!! really LOVE it!!! The red looks good, but first thought was go with a BOLD polka dot, like black or a dark color!! It is a fun Quilt Ros!! Wish I could paper piece like that!! I love it!! Great job!

Ann Marie @ 16 Muddy Feet said...

Looks great, did you ever get the 8 fat quarters of UGLIES I mailed you months ago??

Reddirt Woman said...

One person's trash is another person's treasure... so I guess one person's ugly fabric is transformed by another person's artistic ability into something yet another person loves.

Is that about right?

Hugs!

Paulette said...

You do amazing things with your challenge fabrics! I remember the last one and I still like it. (I would love to try that pattern, do you remember where it is from?) The current one looks to be just as fun. I'm sure you will find a way to make it work!