Sunday, May 27, 2012

Ugly Fabric Quilt Challenge -UFQC

BJ came for a while yesterday and was cutting her fabrics for the Mystery Quilt next Saturday.
I worked on my personal challenge and gifted BJ with a set of the same basic fabrics so it will be interesting to see what she does with hers! Today should see these blocks sewn together and maybe even borders.
Here again is the UFQC that BJ gave me and below are some fabrics that could work with them.
The red and the green/blue are from stash.
The grey/green and the red from stash, maybe it needs a stronger green?
Ugh, this fishy thing from BJ was tough, but the other three fabrics will, I hope, distract from the fishy fabric that I plan to cut in liiiiiittle bitty pieces!
The blue leafy is from BJ, not so ugly, and I found 3 fabrics that would blend.
When you see these combined with fabrics from my stash, what do you think, will it work?
The plan is for more Paper Piecing as with the previous UFQC but I want to use a different PP pattern, have to look through what I have on hand.


5 comments:

farmlady said...

I have no idea until you put it together. The fabrics are so different.
I do actually like the fish fabric. I love orange and pink together. It's kind of retro.
I think that if you combined the fish with some other prints and maybe a pink solid, it would be a very pretty combination. Only use the chartreuse if it shows up in another print.
I know nothing about quilting except for what I've learned from your blog, so this UFQC seems like a lot of work for something that is suppose to turn out "ugly".

Cheryl Willis said...

There will be nothing ugly about this project. Great eye for coordinating pieces. I can't wait to see what you come up with. cw

Linda said...

In spite of the name, this will not be an ugly quilt when you are done...it will only be interesting and beautifully executed, as always! Can't wait to see it!

Coloradolady said...

I can not wait to see what you do with these!! Somehow, I feel you had a better feel for these fabrics than I did!! Thinking about you and your family today. I sat quietly this morning and thought of your son and his sacrifice he made along with so many others. Hugs Ros I am sure this is not an easy day as so many others. Have a great day!

Gari in AL said...

BJ gave you some very interesting fabrics but I can see that they are going to make a great quilt project.