Thursday, May 31, 2012

Ten More QOV's

These ten Quilts Of Valor will go off to Alycia in Colorado who will distribute them to Wounded Warriors. Alycia has contact with the chaplains in the military bases and responds to their request for these quilts as needed. This energetic lady oversees the presentation of hundreds of quilts a year to wounded soldiers returning from war, she drives all over Colorado in her van packed to the roof with quilts.  You can see how she does it on her blog here.  
This first quilt was made by my friend Sharon and is the last quilt she completed before her unexpected death. I wrote a note to go along with the quilt so the recipient will know that the person who made this quilt cared deeply about our heroic military.
Sharon's quilt.
The next 4 were all constructed by another Colorado friend Nancy who loves to foundation piece these scrappy quilts for our military members.
The first three I quilted freehand...........

this last one with a pantograph.
These two came to me finished, with no note of the makers.

Fabric donated by Gale and pieced by Norma.
Angela pieced this patriotic quilt, it has a lovely patriotic backing.
This last one was put together one Saturday by the AZ Huggy Bunch, we combined our fabrics and made the blocks in about half a day.
Here they are all in their presentation cases ready to be boxed and mailed, tomorrow I hope!
I have two more QOV's awaiting the longarm machine and I'll get to them ASAP!

1 comment:

Andee said...

Aw love the label and your quilting dedication to our troops. I am due to make another one..I set a goal to be started by July 4th!