Sunday, April 22, 2012

Last Full Day In Boston


So we spent a little more time at the beach in the beautiful weather, quite unseasonable for this part of the world at this time of year. Everyone is telling us that this is more like June or July so we have been very fortunate.Young grt. niece accompanied us, a welcome break from her sibling who spent the day with his Dad, while their Mom [a Boston attorney] worked from home. Parents all know how that is when siblings spend too much time together such as during spring break! 
We were gathering "pretty rocks" for her collection, here there are plenty from which to choose!

We walked along the beach for some distance, I prefer to paddle at the edge of the waves, I love the cold salty water on my feet.........


 but the beach here is very rocky so I got behind from walking so slowly.



A few hardy souls were actually surfing, younger folks, including these two adventuresome girls, though I did notice their stay in the ocean was quite brief!
As I stood on the porch I was imagining myself at my machine quilting away with this beautiful scene before me, sigh........... that would be my dream!

On the way back we stopped at a quilt shop in Middleboro  MA, "Pieceful Quilters", where I chatted with a friendly lady while DH went next door for a haircut!  Meanwhile I found a small bag of scraps for my very scrappy quilter friend BJ.
We finished the evening with a barbecue and s’mores around the fire pit but I forgot to take pics I was having too much fun,LOL.

1 comment:

Linda said...

Great photos of a fun day at the beach! Glad you enjoyed the warm weather - it has turned chilly here again!