Tuesday, March 6, 2012

It's Growing!

The flimsie I am enlarging for our KS bed now boasts two more borders, growing from 76" to 83.5" square! One is made up from the scraps into a 3" piano key border, the last is that peachy fabric from BJ's stash.

I think it looks ok, don't you? The peachy fabric is a new addition to this quilt but it coordinates nicely. This design was all about adding rows/borders anyway so I think a couple more aren't too odd looking. I wish now though that I had made the peach border a bit wider than 3", I have about 1/4 yard of this fabric left, but oh well, hindsight is 20/20 isn't it? I have no idea yet what to use for the binding but I will deal with that when the time comes.

The fabric for the final border came yesterday, [I found it on eBay at a store in the PNW] but so did some back ordered supplies I have been awaiting in order to longarm a client quilt and that has to be done before my personal sewing.
Then last night I began another quilt project because I need to make a small lap quilt for someone in a wheelchair and everything I have already, is too large or inappropriate fabric design!

Remember this top, using some fabrics from last year's local shop hop? With the addition of a couple of stash fabrics it was sewn up into a pretty top at the fall retreat in CO.There was fabric left over, enough as it turns out for a small lap quilt and the plan is to use the second generation D9P pattern, it will be fast!

Last night I cut 6" squares to make six of these large 9 patches.
They will become 48 second generation blocks.
I will use this brown for the HST effect of the second generation design.
But first, the client's quilt!


2 comments:

Heather said...

The additional borders look great. And yes, there's no problem with it growing in this manner, it's very fitting for this style of quilt.

joanne said...

beautiful! I love the peachy colours and the softness that they add. take care Ros