Thursday, November 4, 2010

Linda's Quilt

I am linking up with Finished For Friday , Show And Tell Friday, Feature Yourself Friday and Frugalicious Friday!

This beautiful blue and white quilt came off the LA. last night, now I need to get it back to Linda in CO.

I sent her several examples of my freehand overall designs and this is the one she chose, "baby Butt feathers" LOL, well that's what Nichole Webb calls them! If you double click on the pic. above you can see the detail a bit better, the quilting takes a back seat to the color and design.
The thread is King Tut variegated blue, also Linda's choice, so the stitching is quite subtle.

The backing is really a bit darker I think but the flash washed it out.

6 comments:

farmlady said...

Lovely quilt. I know a friend who would love this one,especially the color. Maybe someday I can make her one when I learn how to do this.... a small one.

scraphappy said...

What pretty colors. The quilting looks great.

Lindah said...

Verrry nice! Both quilter and piecer did great work.

Miri said...

Terrific quilt! Love the quilting...funny name but beautiful!

MathewK said...

Hi Roslyn

Not much of a quilt fan, but your ones do look nice :) thanks for visiting my blog.

Threeundertwo said...

Wow, beautiful fabrics! This would look perfect in my living room. ;) Beautiful quilting job!

Thanks so much for linking up to Finished for Friday.