Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Puddle Jumper

OK this is absolutely the last top to be completely quilted before our visit to New England.


It's Andee's mystery "Puddle Jumper", quilted with freehand Baptist Fan. BF I find works really well for traditional quilts especially scrappy ones with lots of small pieces, it seems to unify the design of the quilt top. This one reminds me of the Bonnie Hunter mysteries, many little bitty blocks!


I like the color scheme, it looks very masculine.
Next up is Claudia's hand embroidered nursery rhyme quilt, not sure how long it will take but certainly more than the time left before our trip!

5 comments:

Andee said...

SO IMPRESSED Girl..you make me feel lazy! I can't wait to get my hands on this one too! You are the rockinest quilter ever!

beth said...

This is such a beautiful quilt!! thanks for sharing!

Michelle said...

Andee is really singing to me with this one. Scrappy quilts are my favorite and this one is fabulous.

The Baptist fan quilting is wonderful. As I was looking at the design, I was wondering what design a person would use to quilt it.

Jan said...

This is a real beauty; just my kind of colors.

Miri said...

Oh I never thought of free hand BFs-brilliant!