This little quilt is another of Andee's that I slipped in while waiting for machine parts and other larger quilts to arrive. It's a fused applique that had not been stitched down and Andee asked me to just "quilt it all over" because she was done with it and didn't want to do anything more.
I told her I couldn't allow her to abandon the quilt so after quilting everything else with green thread I used a monopoly "invisible" thread to stitch down the edges of the applique and then outline the shapes.
Something about these "invisible" threads, I would never use the nylon because it turns yellow and melts but the monopoly retains the clear look and does not melt.
I have an enormous cone of Madeira monopoly but it will not run in my machine it's too fragile even taking all the tension off it. However, Superior monopoly works beautifully and that is what I used.
I hope Andee is happy with it, I think it is a much nicer solution than quilting some other design all over the applique pieces and hoping they won't fall off.
Now I have the "queen size batik wedding shower gift quilt" on and I have quilted the first couple of blocks. It will take a few days to quilt, there are sixteen blocks, sashing, and four borders one of which is nearly 10" wide.
With any luck it will be done by week's end.