Friday, March 26, 2010

Shakespeare Quilt, Finished For Friday,

Just barely done in time, I only completed the binding about a half hour ago so I thought I'd do a late FFF post! Friend Loretta commented earlier that she was expecting to see it, so here just for you 'Retta, Shakespeare In The Park,dada!


I had originally planned to custom quilt each block but decided that was really not within my time constraints so I chose an overall free-hand swirly design in white thread that I think compliments it well.



The quilt itself is a very opinionated design so it really doesn't need any custom quilting to emphasize it.


The backing is a combination of two red fabrics from stash, neither was quite large enough and this way it is fun and interesting from the back too.


There was enough of the beautiful red rose on black fabric for binding, nice, because it also gets all but a few scraps of that out of my stash and it has been there a loooong time, maybe 15 yrs!
Just have to make a label now, maybe tomorrow and I want to take some pics in daylight and see if they turn out better, the flash seems to bounce off the white fabric.
I love this quilt design and I have already begun on another, it will have more red, less black and will be a bit smaller, more square. This one is around 60"x80".

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I came to comment on the VTT post - a bit late but saw this and Im always attracted to quilt posts. They are so out of my league of crafting. This is just amazing!

Tracy

West Michigan Quilter said...

What a beautiful quilt. You did an awesome job on your piecing. Love it!

Cheryl Willis said...

just beautiful- you did a great job. cw

Eileen S said...

Roslyn,
Your SIP is spectacular, breath taking, wow! It's still on my list of things to do, and after seeing yours I'm going to have to bump it up a bit. Love your color choices too!
Eileen

Heather said...

great job. I really like that pattern. I think that my mom is doing that one. Hope hers turns out so nice.

Threeundertwo said...

I love love love this quilt! I've had fabrics set aside with the pattern for years now. You're inspiring me to make mine. I love these colors.

Big round of applause for a beautiful finish and thanks so much for linking up to Finished for Friday!

Jody said...

Very nice!! Love how graphic red, white and black look.