Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Wednesday, Not Wordless!

Probably it would be better if I were wordless today because I am feeling, as I told a friend, like the dog's breakfast! What I hoped was allergies and asthma has evolved into a full- fledged URTI, you know, "The Works" ! While I am not sick enough to stay in bed and sleep I feel poorly enough that I don't want to tackle anything major, but I am so bored! There's only so much reading and the telly-watching that is tolerable then I have to be actually doing something.

Monday night before this nasty virus hit me full on, I quilted up this little baby panel with the fast and effective peacock feathers.
Friend Loretta gave it to me for baby Matthew months ago and I just now got it made up.

Then for some mindless sewing I made a few more pot-holders.

There are enough tops awaiting quilting that I really want to be at the long-arm machine so this illness is really aggravating, hence the whining!
If I can do something productive it keeps me a little distracted from the symptoms and from feeling sorry for myself, so I need to go find a project I can handle, something that doesn't require enormous amounts of energy and brainpower since I am somewhat depleted of both!

6 comments:

Coloradolady said...

I am so sorry you are not feeling well. I know how that can come on so quick....hope you are feeling better real soon...rest, even if it is boring!! Cute quilt....love the bright colors.

Pat said...

I'm so sorry you got whammed with something more serious than what you originally thought was happening. I hope you are better soon. The baby quilt is adorable!

Andee said...

Looks good..feel better!

farmlady said...

Please be careful and take care of yourself. These viruses are nasty and can get much worse. What every you do stay inside and away from other people. Your immune system is compromised right now and you certainly don't want to catch something else.
That is such a cute baby quilt. Nice job!

SewCalGal said...

So sorry you are not feeling well. I hope you feel 100% soon!

BTW...I love, love, love your quilt. So cheerful, cuddly & cute. Love it!

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Kim, USA said...

Hi Roslyn, an award is waiting for you check it out..

Got an award for you