Wednesday, January 27, 2010

VTT, Vintage Bear And Baby Dress

This sweet old bear was on eBay and no one was bidding on her, poor abandoned, little orphan girl!

She was wearing an adorable vintage baby dress and was holding a piece of antique quilt in her hand! I rescued her, had to, you know, the quilt did it!

See the delicate embroidery on the front......

darling embroidered Peter Pan collar and wee buttons on the placket......


and even pantaloons, though these are not as old as the dress, they were added later for modesty no doubt.


I was so tickled to win the bid-but remember there was no competition- and she sits on the shelf above my sewing machine table along with the rest of the stuffed animal collection.

For more delicious vintage thrills head on over to Colorado Lady's blog and check out all the others.

19 comments:

Maureen said...

Awwwwww!

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

Don't you have a heart of gold! She's adorable.

GardenOfDaisies said...

OH Look at all your Koalas!!!

Barbara Jean said...

Roslyn
Love that bear and dress!!

blessings

barbara jean

Miri said...

She's adorable...love the black bow! and her dress is wonderful-a find in itself! Good job!

Pat said...

I'm glad you rescued her and I'm sure SHE is, too.

Bea said...

I'm so glad you could give her a home where she is loved. She is a sweetie.

Postcardy said...

That's a cute dress and bear. That's the kind of auction I like--when nobody else is bidding.

Unknown said...

What a sweet bear she is. The little dress is precious :)

Blessings!
Gail

CC said...

You are such a lovely lady to rescue that sweet bear. Little bear is adorable with her sweet dress and her quilt. How could her owner let her go??? Happy VTT,have a wonderful weekend. A p.s...I hope you find that gorgeous fabric you're searching for below. I've never seen any quite like it..

★Carol★ said...

She's just darling, and so well dressed too! It's always so nice when you don't have to fight to win something on Ebay. I guess she was meant to come live with you. So.....what's her name?!
Happy VTT!
Carol

Pink Roses and Teacups said...

Oh what a sweet bear, and darling little dress. I have a dress almost exactly like that one. I have it hanging on my bedroom wall.

Debbie

Keetha Broyles said...

Wow - - - you'd have A LOT of help with hand sewing if you could just teach those animals to sew!

LV said...

That is the cutest post for today's VTT. At least someone cared enough for it to put clothes on it.

Jane said...

I'm glad you were able to rescue that cute bear. I love the quilt piece too.
Jane

Adventures In Crafting & Stuff said...

What a cute bear! And how sweet of you to rescue her and the quilt. :-)

teresa said...

That vintage dress would have been enough let alone the quilt and the cuteness. what a find!

Coloradolady said...

love the bear, I have a aunt who collects bears..she'd love this one. sorry I am so late, I want to throw my computer in the street.....Happy VTT!

Ruby said...

The bear is cute, the dress is sweet. Was there much to the quilt piece? She looks at home amongst the koalas and others! I want to play in the button jar! :))