Monday, January 11, 2010

The Shakespeare "Flimsie"

It is past one a.m. but the SITP is finally a flimsie - in quilter lingo that's an un-quilted top - and I just couldn't wait to make the announcement.
The red stars seemed to please my eye better than the black so artistic license prevailed. Now there are three large black and white stars and quite a few of the smaller size left that I may try to incorporate into a backing.

For now I am celebrating the finish of three quilt tops the past couple of weeks and I'm free to focus on long-arm quilting so stay tuned for quilting reports!
And try to keep warm all those of you in the freezing weather, we are fortunate that Arizona has remained fairly balmy.

7 comments:

Quiltbug said...

Spectacular!!!

Audrey

Ruby said...

Looking good!

Pat said...

It looks very nice.....are you feeling better now?

Threeundertwo said...

Beautiful! I love the colors. I have a whole stack of fabrics for a SITP sitting and waiting for me to start. They've been sitting there ever since the pattern came out in a magazine - how many years ago? You're inspiring me to get to it. What a beautiful pattern.

Kucki68 said...

Love the red stars! I think it turned out great!

Kim said...

Love it..do you have a quilting pattern planned for it? I really like the way Judy Martin did it in the book.

I'm still working on mine :0)

Tatersmama said...

This is simply GORGEOUS! Now, you know that I'm not a quilter (just a quilter-wannbe) but this pattern took my breath away!
It's been a "down day" for me today (you know why) but this... well, it's got me smiling!