Monday, January 25, 2010

Just because I haven't posted doesn't mean nothing's happening on the quilting front!
Carolina Christmas is bound, that took a while even by machine, it's a good sized quilt over 90" square.
Here you see the binding, made from strips trimmed off the pieced backing.


This sweet little baby quilt called "Simple Gifts" was my next job, quilted with "peacock feathers " all over and turquoise thread. Angela is speedy, the day after she got it back it was already bound and ready for gifting! It's such a simple effective design, don't you just love it? Her color choices, turquoise, white and brown create dramatic contrast. I don't know that I would have thought to put these simple solids together to achieve this effect.

View from the back! You can see more pics on Angela's blog.
Angela's Carolina Christmas is on the LA now, but I have the adorable baby Matthew today so there won't be any quilting progress at least not until tonight! He is a bit congested again but such a good little chap, playing upstairs watched over by GF.
Last night I got my Z blocks for Monet's Wedding Ring completed, only needed 24 for the smaller version of this quilt.

Here they are on the design board now I have to work on the border blocks.
If you squint you'll see the "rings" better!

3 comments:

farmlady said...

I just love Monet's Wedding Ring. I love the colors and the small pieces. It's so delicate.
These seem like such a lot of work Ros. Do you ever get overwhelmed with them? You seem to just go from one to another so easily. I've never seen such dedication to an art form. You must just love to quilt.
They are all so beautiful...

cityquilter grace said...

ros, i absolutely LOVE your carolina christmas and that sandy gervais border from 'merry and bright' love that fabric line and most of her designs as well...it's beautiful and soo inspiring! i haven't started mine yet but maybe soon...

Miri said...

I just love the Monet's Wedding Quilt-exactly the soft romantic look I love.

You've been busy sewing.-I'm finally catching up on blog visits! Wonderful VTT post-how fantastic that you have your Dad's Temperance Pledge.