Sunday, January 31, 2010

Angela's Carolina Christmas Quilt

This was quilted a few days ago but I didn't think it right to blog about it before Angela had it back, LOL. Angela has given it a more appropriate name it is "Hannah's Birthday Quilt".
Now you see the whole quilt didn't it turn out terrific? Nice work Angela, I love scrappy quilts!

Who would have thought to put that orange spark in with the lavender and purple and green?
But it works, it really lifts it into another realm.

Hannah's birthday is only a couple of weeks but time to bind and mail it-though Angela may be a little unwilling to part with it I suspect she loves her daughter more than the quilt when it comes right down to it! You can always make another one Angela.................

Partial view of the scrappy backing......

and more delightful scrappiness.
Freehand Dogwood flowers work well and the pale lavender thread is not intrusive.

6 comments:

GardenOfDaisies said...

Really pretty! Your freehand quilting work is great!!

Pat said...

The quilt looks wonderful!

Miri said...

Great quilt! I love seeing the same pattern with different fabrics-I love how its a totally different look!

Belated Happy Birthday!

Gari in AL said...

You get to work on such neat quilts. and I love this with Orange, my fav!

Threeundertwo said...

Love the colors and absolutely love that border! What a beautiful quilt.

Julie Whitmore Pottery said...

Hello, Its a stunner, love those colors.
Thanks so much for visiting my blog, too.
I like your free hand quilting!
julie