Monday, December 14, 2009

Advent

Yesterday we lit a third candle, beginning the third week in Advent, adventus in Latin meaning "coming , arrival". Would you believe that I studied Latin four years?! Hmmm, don't ask me for too many quotes these days though!
I do enjoy the tradition of the season of Advent, it helps me to keep my focus and reminds me of the real intent of the celebration of Christmas.
Last Thursday was the second of five weeks when I will be drawing a number from the VTT comments to receive one of the vintage aprons I purchased on eBay. I came up with number nine, Maureen from "The Green Suitcase" blog, and here is the apron and selvedge pot-holder that are going in the mail to her tomorrow-
I did my best to match the pot-holder to the apron, you can see that it does have green andblue and orange, like the apron. Maureen said this will be her very first apron ever, so I am really happy to be the one to introduce her to the sisterhood of apron wearers and lovers!

2 comments:

joanne said...

How sweet for Maureen, I'm sure she will love it.

I also like the season of Advent. It seems to have a calming effect on me...keeps me in the right frame of mind for the coming days. I love it that you know latin...I only remember bits and pieces of it from Mass long ago.
Have a nice week Ros...jj

Gramma 2 Many said...

Lucky Maureen. Congratulations!!