Thursday, July 9, 2009

My First Blog Award!

When I came in tonight & sat down at my laptop I was so surprised to find that I had been given a blog award, my first, & since I am unfamiliar with this tradition I have included an explanation below. The Award originated with Cesandherdishes & came to me by way of Farmlady & Susabella.
Ces said:
"I designed this award to celebrate art in the blogs and to honor the value of friendship, sisterhood, sharing and caring. It is to be awarded to the gifted, accomplished, eloquent and talented blogger whose friendship and influence inspire us to do our best. That I named it after Bella Sinclair is because she epitomizes all of these things. She is an inspiration to many of us."
.
"I have chosen to symbolize this award with the Quercus lobata or Valley Oak. It is a simple and unadorned award but heavy on meaning. The Valley Oak is a large handsome tree with a stout and sturdy trunk and widely spreading branches that form a broad open crown. It can reach up to a height of 100 feet and a diameter of 4 feet, sometimes much greater. It is the largest of the western deciduous oaks and is a handsome and graceful shade tree."
So now you know everything that I do about this award-thank you friend Farmlady, it was so unexpected & I am honored.
Oh, & speaking of "giving", Nancy at "Dark Horse Designs" is giving away one of her quilts on her blog "Go Make Your Bed", it is so pretty. You can never have too many quilts!

5 comments:

Miri said...

Congradulations!

Pat said...

Congratulations to you....this is very nice!

Ruby said...

A well deserved award. Congratulations!

Reddirt Woman said...

A very well-deserved award, indeed. From all that I've seen and read you certainly fit the parameters of the award.

Helen

farmlady said...

Enjoy Roslyn. I thought of you and those beautiful quilts and the ones you make for Home of the brave and Valor Foundation. This is a wonderful thing that you do.
So this award is given with admiration and affection.