Thursday, December 4, 2008

Post Thanksgiving progress

I managed to get four tops quilted so far this week, two pretty batik QOV's that need to be mailed back to my QOV partner Meredith in CA,


& two for a client.


I also counted my UFO's & in the process found one that will do nicely for a comfort quilt for a young mom battling leukemia. Not sure how aged this UFO might be, at least 5 years. It was a mystery from the guild that I used to attend here in Phx. & I never got the final instructions so I set it aside, euphemism for abandoning it, albeit temporarily! While Khris was here I arranged the blocks & re-arranged until I found an acceptable setting, & although I have no clue if it's the original it works for me. I am adding a stop border & two additional borders to make it the size I want & I have the perfect backing in stash, cross that one off the guilt list!
I will post a pic. next issue, when all being well it will be bound & ready to go to it's new home[& out of mine!].
It's nearly Christmas & here in AZ our plants are still blooming, all three hibiscus with plenty of blooms & still more buds, some lovely fragrant yellow roses & a gorgeous red rose. The two gardenias also have buds & one has a bud just about ready to bloom. I wonder how much longer they will grace our garden with color & fragrance? Until the first freeze in January I suspect. The hibiscus in the pic. has an unusual anomoly, two quite different colored blooms. One side seems to always produce these bright salmon colored flowers & the rest of the plant has a pale peach bloom, isn't it odd? I don't think I have ever seen that before.


1 comment:

Cannyfinds said...

Hi Ros, thanks for dropping by at my blog, the draw is tomorrow!! Loved those roses!