Thursday, June 12, 2008

OC Times Two!



Today I pieced my OC blocks into two tops. I had only intended to make one but discovered that if I laid one set out on point & another on the straight I could make two- with a little "finessing" that is! I took 6 of the side setting triangle blocks & sewed them together to make three more album blocks then only needed one more each of the spinning stars & album blocks. If you look closely at the top that is set on point you can spot the three triangle units I had to join. Looking at the pieced tops this evening I think I will make 2" orange & teal borders & a 3 1/2" red or blue border for each top. That will make them a nice size for QOV'S. I'll use the leftover 3 1/2" blocks to insert into the borders to add a little more interest. I had wondered how other quilters were coming up with "twofers" from these mystery quilts & now I see how! I am delighted with the OC results & I don't even notice the "weird & ugly" scraps, in fact I have to search for them, LOL. I doubt I'll get the borders done until next Wednesday at the guild sew-day as our youngest DS & GF arrive Saturday for a week long visit.
The lupins are blooming , everyday when we walk we see more blue blossoms so I must remember to take the camera & capture the sight before it passes for the season. The choke cherry trees too are in bloom & it looks as if we could have a bumper crop, won't the bears be pleased!

5 comments:

Amanda said...

Your two quilts look great. Isn't amazing how creative people are being, those who don't want to stick strictly to the brief. Now, what are choke cherries - perhaps you can post a photograph to show me.

Rhonda said...

Your two OCs look great! Isn't this mystery soooo much fun?!

Khris said...

Well done Roslyn...its looking terrific..hugs Khris

Quilter Kathy said...

I like both of your OC layouts!

Tracey in CT said...

Your OC quilts look great! I really need to get going on mine. I've done only 2 steps so far.

Thanks for stopping by to visit my blog!