Sunday, April 27, 2008

QOV and timing!


I have finished the first of three QOV's on my list to quilt. I had begun on the second when the timing went out on my A-1 & I have been trying for 3 frustrating days to get it back in time, 6 hours today alone. Thursday I discovered that a tiny screw is missing from the shaft, must have vibrated loose, I have searched for it to no avail & I'm wondering if the missing screw is somehow effecting my efforts to time the machine. I have ordered a couple more of those little screws so perhaps I'll wait until they arrive before I expend any more effort on the timing adjustment, I can certainly find plenty of other things to do meantime but I do dislike having the longarm inoperable. Bonnie has posted the third step of the OC Mystery a few days early so I can add that to my to-do list. After church today we went by Ikea & I picked up a set of 6 small storage boxes for the small cabinet beside my DSM, another organizational chore awaiting me.
I am excited that I have been the very fortunate recipient of a preloved MacBook, the last edition of the TiBook. My friend Leslie, maker of that lovely Winding Ways quilt, had upgraded to a new PowerBook & found they weren't using the TiBook so knowing that my Dell is dying she generously gifted the TiBook to me! Wow! I am now in the process of transferring files via Thumbdrive- the Dell has refused my requests to back-up for at least 6 months. I am loving getting to know my Mac & finding all the cool stuff I can do with it.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

What a pretty quilt. The one I made for my husband was from a similar pattern, but went a bit wrong! I've got a Mac and I love it to bits. Have fun with yours.

Kucki68 said...

I have one in the same pattern and with batiks in the UFO stack. I think I need to dig it out and get it finished. I always thought I should make it larger, but guess I will just keep it the way it is and see it done.