Tuesday, April 8, 2008

OC Four Patches & Winding Ways






Here are my 150 four patches, I think they are rather awful, many of them are predominantly black [black goes with everything right?!] I trust Bonnie implicitly, when she says kitchen sink I throw in the kitchen sink! The patches seem very dark to me & you can see if you zoom that the squares are quite mousy & dull but I think the brighter yardages, especially the orange & the blue/green accent I will be adding later to the design will rescue them from the realm of the very ordinary! I cleaned up my studio this afternoon & pulled out my Oriental Stack & Slash UFO & started on the pieced borders. Oh, & last night, or rather early hours of this morning, I finished quilting the Winding Ways with a leafy motif inspired by Kim Stotsenberg's LA quilting book "Just Leaf It". The back view shows the overall effect of the design on this very pretty quilt & I'm relieved that Leslie likes the photos that I emailed to her- I'm always just a little anxious until I know that the owner thinks I have done justice to her work. I did notice in the pics. that I have a few loose threads to clear off before I mail it off to TX tomorrow. The design is freehand & I used QD 70/30 batting & off white thread.

3 comments:

Kucki68 said...

The winding ways quilting enhances it very well! Such nice work.

Amanda said...

I love the colours in this quilt. What's Stack and Slash?

Khris said...

You have done a wonderful job on the quilting...its great..hugs
Khris